Rules and programs
The following rules and programs are in force at Beauport Outdoor Centre.
Swimming in the pool is prohibited outside pool hours.
Swimming in the river is prohibited for safety reasons.
Fires are permitted at the Outdoor Centre until midnight. All fires must be put out at that time. Burning garbage is strictly prohibited.
The following restrictions also apply:
- Fires are permitted only in designated locations.
- Fires must be attended at all times.
- All materials must be kept inside the designated receptacle, with nothing sticking out.
- Collection of deadfall or other natural wood in the campground is prohibited.
Fishing is permitted in the Montmorency River. Anglers must adhere to provincial fishing regulations.
Only dogs and cats are permitted on campsites and must be kept on a leash at all times. They may not be left alone on the campsite at any time. Pets must not constitute a nuisance under Québec City pet bylaw R.V.Q.-1059.
Do not cut or and gather natural wood in the Outdoor Centre. Do not leave food unattended, to avoid attracting small animals. Washing cars and equipment onsite is prohibited.
To get the most out of your time at the Outdoor Centre, please adhere to the following rules:
- It is very important to keep the premises clean.
- Shower and toilet blocks are not for washing dishes. There are designated dishwashing sinks outside the shower and toilet blocks and beside the lodge.
- Shower blocks and the laundry room are not to be used as gathering places.
- Shower and toilet blocks are sometimes closed for cleaning. Please wait or use a different one.
- Washers and dryers take $1 coins (loonies) only. Change is available at the campground office.
- Quiet hours are in force after 11 p.m. Guests arriving after 11 p.m. must leave their vehicles in the main parking lot and walk to their sites. Fires may be kept burning after 11, but noise must be kept to an absolute minimum.
- The speed limit on Beauport Outdoor Centre property is 10 km/h
- Please do not use the tables outside the lodge if you are not eating.
- Guests found swimming when the pool is closed or cutting trees will be immediately expelled.
It would be greatly appreciated if those in charge of groups would inform their members of these rules.
On your campsite
Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. and apply to all campers and their guests. No music, singing, or noise that might disturb other campers is permitted after 11 p.m.
There is no driving allowed on Outdoor Centre property between 11 p.m. and 7 p.m. The site closes to automobiles at 11 p.m. Campers arriving after that time may sleep in the main parking lot. The campground reopens at 8 a.m.
Length of stay
The maximum length of stay for occasional campers is 3 weeks, after which they would be considered seasonal.
Permanent structures are not permitted on campsites.
The Outdoor Centre does not issue refunds for cancellations during the period of the reservation because of bad weather or other reasons.
A full refund will be issued to your credit card if you cancel more than 10 days before your scheduled date of arrival. A cancellation fee of 20%, subject to a minimum equal to one night’s stay, will apply to cancellations made within 10 days of scheduled arrival dates. Payment is nontransferable. Note that you will be charged the full cost of your stay if you fail to appear on the date your reservation begins.
Campers receive a pass and must show it each time they enter the site. The maximum number of adults per site is 4, with a maximum of 6 persons including children. Checkout time is 1 p.m. on departure day.
Please keep your campsite clean. Use garbage bags and dispose of them in the receptacles provided.
Dishwashing is not permitted in washrooms, showers, or laundry room sinks. Dishwashing sinks are provided outside the shower and toilet blocks.
Rules for watercraft rentals and Montmorency River activities
Please obey the following rules for your own safety:
- Life jackets must be worn and done up at all times.
- Do not stand up in watercraft.
- Do not go beyond the specified limits
- Watercraft may not be landed on the riverbanks.
- Eating, alcohol, and smoking in watercraft is prohibited.
- Canoe: Maximum 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children
Peddle boats: Maximum 2 adults and 1 child
Kayak: Maximum 1 adult
Anyone found disobeying these rules will be expelled. We are not responsible for items falling in the water.
No reimbursement will be given for cancellations before your scheduled end of stay.
Cancellations less than 10 days before the date of your reservation are subject to a cancellation fee of 20% of the total price of your stay or a minimum of $20, charged to your credit card.
Urgence et sécurité
Night watchperson: 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. (418-931-0086)
Never leave valuables unattended.
The speed limit is 10 km/h on Outdoor Centre property.
Your guests are charged admission and must leave the Centre by 10:30 p.m. at the latest. There is a maximum of 4 adults per campsite per night.
It is totally forbidden to smoke around the pool or the playground area.
If guests are not satisfied with the campsite they receive (for a valid reason) or if their trailer does not fit onto their site, they have 1 hour to notify the attendants at the campground office. Attendants will then try to find them another campsite, failing which guests will receive a full refund.
Beauport Outdoor Centre management sends an email to campers after their departure, asking for them to rate various aspects of their experience (availability of attendants, welcome, cleanliness, and others). Results are compiled and posted at the entrance, in shower and toilet blocks, and in Repentigny Lodge.
One hour maximum
Campground staff will visit campsites to welcome campers within an hour of their arrival. They will bring a garbage bag and important information about their stay.
Please contact reception staff for any comments, complaints, or suggestions.